[texhax] Help! Question on using TeX

Hisanobu Shinya hshinya2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 13:58:06 CEST 2003

I just obtained TeX Live 2002. I followed the intruction and was able to be in the situation where I select a TeX-oriented text editor and choose "Run TeX off CD-ROM". (I also downloaded the free GhostScript.)

However, after this, I got trouble. I chose WinShell as the text editor, and when I click "LaTeX" in the upper task bar and save, it says in the logspace, "No pages of output". The icon "LaTex" can make what I wrote ( like "/aleph") readable in the attractive text style, right (I am not sure)? When I click "GSview", the window says, "C:Program Files\WinShell\<*>.tex contains an invalid path."

All I did to use the TeX was from TeX Live. Do need to get other things outside of the CD-ROM?

I am looking forward to your response.

Hisanobu Shinya