[texhax] Problem with scaling picture from PLTMG ...

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 12:18:17 CEST 2003

> I have got a problem with scalling a file.ps in my Tex document. Not
> \usepackage{psfig} neither \usepackage{graphics} do not solve my
> problem.  It is a special picture from PLTMG (package fo solving
> PDE's). It is no problem with scaling others ps figures, only with
> one from PLTMG...  In attachments is picture from PLTMG.

your attached figure isn't eps, which is what the graphics package
deals with.  (see http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=eps)

it converts to eps quite happily, for me, using the ghostscript
utility ps2epsi; if you're using windoze, you'll find there's a
reoutput-as-eps thing in one of gsview's menus.  i suggest you make a
mental note to do that with any plot you get out of pltmg.

robin