[texhax] Simple question?

Prof. Sudhir R. Ghorpade srg at math.iitb.ac.in
Fri Sep 5 19:56:02 CEST 2003

Hi! In a large LaTeX file with \documentclass{book}
I have several chapters, each with several sections.
I don't want to number some sections; so I use:
   \section*{Secname}
This works nicely and the section title "Secname" also
appears in the Table of Contents with no number. However,
in the headers for the pages, which usually alternate between
  Chapter Name  and Section Name
I get the name of the previous section (where * was not
used) rather than Secname.

How can I arrange "Secname" (without any number) to appear
in the header without having to change \section* to \section?

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,

Sudhir