[texhax] Missing header in one page

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 28 23:28:11 CET 2003

> Thanks for the quick reply.

Nota at all.

> I am a novice in LaTex, and I am using a template for my thesis,
> so I hope that I give enough details.
> The template contains sections in English and sections in Hebrew.
> The problem I described before happened in a chapter inEnglish
> (The hebrew part of the document is pretty much short).
> I am using the next packages which may be relevant for my
> question (I do not list here packages as graphicx or algorithmic).
>
> \documentclass[12pt,a4paper,final]{hebtech}
> And the header style I am using is
>
> \pagestyle{thesis}
>
> There is a page in the chapter that contains itemize
> and enumerate
> lists and the next page does not has its header.

I don't have the complete solution as I don't have Hebrew setup and really
don't have too much time to tinker with these rather intricate packages.
However, the fact that it happens after itemize and enumerate is
significant.  There is a switch \if at rl defined in rlbabel.def that allows
control according to whether you're in right-left mode or not.  It doesn't
get toggled very much at all, but when it does, the hebtech.cls also
switches off the headers - why exactly I don't know.  The use, e.g., of
latin numerals causes such a switch although it should apparently only be
local to the number that is being printed.  Evidently, something leaks out.
What you can do about it I do not know.  I've glanced through the Hewbrew
section of babel.dvi but didn't find any clues.  Maybe you could look
through it more carefully and find some suggestion there - or try contacting
the authors.  Sorry.

Cheers,  Phil