[texhax] help on latex to amstex conversion

Petr Sojka sojka at informatics.muni.cz
Wed Oct 1 17:11:47 CEST 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:36:20PM +0200, Stefan Valovic wrote:
Dear Stefan,

> I'm searching for help. My colleaques received a paper in LaTeX, but they
> use AmsTeX and they want to prepare their proceedings in AmsTeX (and also
> all other papers are in AmsTeX). Could you help me, I want to know, if there
> exist some conversion utility that translates LaTeX to AmsTeX.

IMO the easiest way would be using AmsTeX as package under LaTeX.
This will allow typesetting of your proceedings in a single
LaTeX run (I did several proceedings this way, combining
latex,plain and amstex contributions).

Switching from pure AmsTeX to AmsLaTeX is not hard.
Have a look at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/amslatex-primer/
where is amshelp.tex and template.tex to start with,
in addition to http://www.ams.org/tex/amslatex.html.

HTH,

Petr Sojka