[texhax] Help on inverse trigonometric function

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Wed Nov 19 14:25:37 CET 2003

> I need to write frequently the inverse
> trigonomteric functions as \arcsin, \arccos, \arctan,
> etc.
> Now when I use \arctan command, it outputs arctan. How
> can I predifine it so that it outputs arctg instead of
> arctan?
> I also want to write the inverse of cotan function and
> I have not found a suitable command. Is there such a
> command or should I create it myself and if I have to,
> how can I do this? I want it to output arccotg.

Take a look in latex.ltx and you'll find the defnitions, e.g.,

  \def\arctan{\mathop{\operator at font arctan}\nolimits}

Just \renewcommand them as you wish.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com