[texhax] Could an announcement list be set up?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri May 16 12:14:40 CEST 2003

Hi Justin,

    Could an announcement list be set up?

At one point there was a list tex-announce at math.utah.edu, although I'm
not if it still exists.  I don't remember seeing any mail from it for
years.  Nelson?

    Would enough people use it if it existed?

I think an announcement list, as separate from general discussion, is a
fine idea.  Of course there is ctan-ann, but I suspect that hearing
about every package update on ctan would also not suit you (and the
population you are representing :).

I would envision tex-announce as just being announcements from user
groups (not necessarily just tug) once every couple of months and
perhaps mention of major system releases (e.g., tetex, miktex, knuth,
...).

Regards,
karl