[texhax] No title for \listoffigures

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Fri Jun 27 12:54:32 CEST 2003

> Yes. I want to make my own section for listoffigures so I wrote:
>
> \renewcommand{\listfigurename}{}
> \section*{\mdseries \sffamily \bfseries Abbildungsverzeichnis}
> \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Abbildungsverzeichnis}
> \listoffigures
> \newpage

You don't mention the packages you are using.  It is possible that one of
them redefines \listfigurename at the beginning of the document and so if
your \renewcommand{\listfigurename}{} is in the preamble it will get
overwritten.  Try putting the command just AFTER \begin{document}.  You
might also try the "tocbibind" package to avoid defining your own section
and so just have

\renewcommand\listfigurename{Abbildungsverzeichnis}

Cheers,  Phil Ratcliffe