[texhax] do British LaTeX macros exist?

Andrew Marlow apm35 at student.open.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 16:04:00 CEST 2003

P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk writes:
>I have to say, I disagree with B{HK} on this one :
>
>> WHY would you want to do that?  Its only advantage would be to you as
>the
>> author in not having to remember to write the AmerEnglish version of
>these
>> words.  However, so far as the resultant document is concerned, there
>would
>> not be the slightest discernible difference.

I agree. As it happens, I do not like the American language
being used in LaTeX keywords either but it was invented by
an American so I think it is only natural for the keywords
to be in the inventors own language.
Computer languages in general tend to have keywords
in the American language. I think the British should just
accept this since the languages are sufficiently close
that this is not that inconvenient, it is just a bit irritating.
I think it is much more inconvenient for developers whose first
language is neither English nor American.

How far does one go with this. I have seen developers that are
in favour of an English version of Motif, where colour is spelt
the British way.

Regards,

Andrew
----
There is an emerald here the size of a plover's egg!