[texhax] numbering equations in LaTeX

Herbert Gintis hgintis at attbi.com
Wed Jun 18 10:21:15 CEST 2003

At 08:37 PM 6/17/2003 -0400, Sandra Monje wrote:
>I am trying to remove the parenthesis around the equation numbers in an
>LaTeX \documentclass{article}.  Is there any reference as to how I can do
>this?  Where should I go for help?
         I'm sure there's a package that does this, but here's an easy way:
\makeatletter
\def\@eqnnum{{\normalfont \normalcolor (\theequation)}}
\makeatother

Do you see the parentheses around \theequation? Just take them out, and put
this in your program, before \begin{document}.

Herb

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.isbn.nu/0691009430/amazon>Amazon.com.