[texhax] EPS for latex/dvips and PDF for pdflatex

zsdc zsdc at wp.pl
Fri Jun 13 17:43:33 CEST 2003

Hartmut Henkel wrote:

>This is more a matter for make/a Makefile, which does this automatic for
>you; e. g. convert all xfig files in some directory into .ps, .eps, and
>.pdf:
>[...]
>Beware: The indentation MUST be done by TABs! If you only need .eps ->
>.pdf conversion, you can strip this down...

Actually, I was planning to use Makefiles for all of my documents, all
the way from TeX source and figures, made from photos with my scripts
making fancy rasters in PS on the fly, to DVI, PS and PDF output, but I
didn't know how to use globs in Makefiles, so I wrote this little script
to convert many pictures at once and update them easily, just for the
tests with plflatex. I'm not quite sure what every symbol in your
Makefile means, but I'm sure it'll help me a lot, as soon as I fully
understand it. Maybe someone will still find my script useful, anyway.
Well, maybe not, I guess. Nevermind. :-)

Thanks.
-zsdc.