[texhax] TeX -> PostScript, but in a resolution-independent manner

Phil Parker phil at math.twsu.edu
Wed Jun 11 01:24:25 CEST 2003

On 06/11/2003 at 03:28 AM, zsdc <zsdc at wp.pl> wrote:

>publish PS as well as PDF versions online, while printing PS one myself,
>but providing PDF for those, who can't view PS. At least as soon as I
>figure out how to make PDF out of LaTeX file with EPS graphics.

I use ghostscript to convert *.eps into *.pdf, then change the latex file to
replace .eps with .pdf for all graphics file inclusions. I use dvipdfm, but
something similar would probably work with pdflatex.

If you want, I can send you a REXX batch command file I use (similar to a
shell script on unix-linux). You could at least get the appropriate command
line for the conversion (with all options and parameters) from it, or
install REGINA (free REXX interpreter for most platforms), modify it, and
use it yourself.

--
    Phil Parker
URL http://www.math.twsu.edu/Faculty/Parker/