[texhax] TeX -> PostScript, but in a resolution-independent manner

zsdc zsdc at wp.pl
Wed Jun 11 06:30:22 CEST 2003

Stewart C. Russell wrote:

>> At least as soon as I
>> figure out how to make PDF out of LaTeX file with EPS graphics.
>
> TeX Live comes with dvipdf -- basically a wrapper for dvips + ps2pdf.
> It works very well, and allows you to use your EPS graphics.

I have a dvipdf from Ghostscript, which uses dvips and pipes the
PostScript output to Ghostscript gs with option -sDEVICE=pdfwrite to
write a PDF file. But isn't the quality of converting the TeX input to
DVI, DVI to PostScript and then PostScript to PDF, worse than using just
pdftex to make PDF directly from the TeX input?

Thanks.
-zsdc.