[texhax] TeX -> PostScript, but in a resolution-independent manner

zsdc zsdc at wp.pl
Wed Jun 4 22:49:46 CEST 2003

Tomas G. Rokicki wrote:

>Hmm, -Pcmz should do what you want.  How are you still getting bitmapped
>fonts with the -Pcmz option?

I've made lots of different experiments, and I just found out, that with
-Pcmz I'm getting bitmapped letters, but smooth \dots, which without the
-Pcmz are also aliased, just like the letters. I haven't noticed that
before, as I was using only letters and numbers, without any
punctuation, but it shows that this switch works somehow, but I guess
not quite like I it's supposed to. type1_default=true in
/etc/texmf/dvips/updmap seems to have no effect at all, but -Pcmz switch
in dvips makes the dots smooth.

>Send me the shortest such file and I'll take a look.

OK, I'll send you my minimal test files. Thanks a lot for your help!

-zsdc.