[texhax] teTeX problems with tex.pool

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 00:11:50 CEST 2003

> I'm new to Tex and I'm having problems installing tetex-2.0.2 on a Sol 8
> unix machine.  Everything seems fine with the installation, however when I
> try to use any of the binaries,(ie. latex or pdftex) I get a "format file
> error, I'm stymied".
>
> I've searched the internet on this error and have tried to remake my
> format files with fmtutil --all. I then get, tex.pool doesn't match;
> tangle me again ( or fix the path). fmtutil: `tex -ini -fmt=tex
> -progname=tex tex.ini' failed.

if you're building the stuff yourself (i assume so) you ought to send
your questions to the tetex list (go to www.tug.org and browse to
mailing lists).  several people on the tetex list have been chewing
over problems in the solaris area, and i've not been paying attention:
so all i can advise is going to join them to chew yet more :-)