[texhax] Class file

doug waud douglas.waud at umassmed.edu
Sun Jun 1 16:01:09 CEST 2003

Hi

narendran subu wrote:
> I'm tex user. I want to know how to wirte latex class
> and style file.

Several comments:

First, this is not a trivial task so be sure you really need something
special. There are many styles already out there.

Second, start with Lamport's Latex User's Guide (if you don't have it, I
strongly recommend a purchase!). Go to Pages 91 and 92 and get an idea
of what you  are getting into.  :-)

Third, if you are still game, take Tom Lehrer's advice and plagarize!
Find a style close to what you want and then, with luck, you'll not have
to do a lot of reinventing of wheels. Don't be embarrassed; this is a
well-recognized way to generate new code (I do suggest adding comments
to indicate whose shoulders you end up standing on.)

doug