[texhax] without superscription

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 1 01:42:35 CEST 2003

> Thanks for answering me!

Not at all!

> > etc. are you using; what packages are you using;
>
> \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}

\usepackage{epsfig,picinpar,shapepar,fancyheadings,multicol,graphicx,amsmath
,amssymb,graphicx,pdflscape,times}

> Example:
> Head:
> \lhead{Theme}.............(\rhead [\rightmark]{\rightmark}) <- here I want
> the Superscription

> text:
> blabla
> \clearpage
> \subsection{Integraltransformationen} <- here I don't want Superscription

I must confess: I'm not much the wiser.  What I've understood is this: out
of the long list of packages the important one is fancyheadings (you might
have said so).  Then, as you understood correctly  \subsection{A title}
triggers a new right header.  You want the new right header but not the
subsection title in the text.

So, all you need to do is to kill the output of the subsection title etc. by
the \subsection command.  I haven't time to do it for you, so: look into
article.cls and latex.ltx at the commands \@startsection and subsection
etc., figure out what needs changing, lift it out, put it into your own
myslide.sty and modify.  Basically, you need to find out who actually write
the title in the text copy that command and then cut out the bit that does
the title.

Cheers,  Phil