[texhax] help

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Sat Jul 19 17:10:34 CEST 2003

> I am a new user to Latex (PCTeX32) in windows 98. I am using Revtex for
> publication and soon I have to start writing my thesis on Latex. I am
having
> few problems as follows.

I guess you're new to posting too: you wlil need to be clearer.

First of all, whicg version of RevTeX and which sub-package (aps, osa,...)?

> 1. I am placing .ps (or .eps) files for figure in my document, but all the
> dots (lik  . in 1.23) appears as tilde (~) after the type setting. I am
> using following commands. Other thing is that , if I use "angle=90" to
> ratate the figures, it doesn't typeset.
>
> \begin{figure}
> \includegraphics[width=0.4\textwidth]{fig_1}% Here is how to import EPS
art
> \caption{\label{fig:b} Bands of strained GaAsN, lattice matched (1/2,1/2)
> ($\square$)}
> \end{figure}

This example does NOT have "angle=90" so it doesn't help - "angle=90"
certainly works for me under RevTeX4 with the "aps" option.

Just where does 1.23 appear as 1~23, in hte figures themselves, in the text
...?

> 2. I am trying to use bibtex to have my bibliography. I am following all
the
> rules but it just is not appearing on the typeset. Do I need to have some
> special bibtex software or something like that? Please inform me step by
> step in least technical terms.
>
> I am using following command.
>
> bibliographystyle{apsrev}
>
> I have the apsrev.bib file in the directory.

Do you also have \bibliography{mybib}, where mybib.bib is your bib file?
Have you run BibTeX.  Have you read the rather short manual on BibTeX?

Cheers,  Phil