[texhax] unused bibliography entries

Jan-Martin Wagner jmartin at j13.physik.uni-jena.de
Sat Jul 12 23:00:25 CEST 2003

I have a question concerning references: How to get a complete
correspondence between the \cite commands in the text and the
\bibitem entries in the bibliography?

As far as I know, standard LaTeX only detects missing \bibitem entries
and in that case issues a warning ("There were undefined references").

Now, I'm looking for the opposite: Is it possible to automatically
check that *all* \bibitem entries are referred to by corresponding
\cite commands? How to make LaTeX issue a warning like "There were
unused bibliography entries"?

 Jan-Martin Wagner

(jmartin at ifto.physik.uni-jena.de)