[texhax] graphics in LaTeX

David Vannucci d.vannucci at ee.wits.ac.za
Tue Jul 1 09:34:21 CEST 2003

> As others have suggested, the key is getting encapsulated postscript files
> of the desireable graphics. The problem, as you will find, is that Word
> does not deal with postscript files

You must print to a post script printer (any one should do, or donwload from
Adobe) and click on save to file. There are some tricks though...
(This is for Visio, but it is all the same idea)

When printing EPS diagrams in Visio, I have had the problem of the page size
being a
full page and not the picture (bounding box) size , this is the solution:
print to printer and save as file, the following options must be set:
NB!!! Print range selection (ie group diagram and select before printing)
In the document options for the ps printer,
Change the postscript output option from optimise for speed to Encapsulated
Postscript (EPS)
Print to ps.
Convert PS to EPS in gview, automatic bounding box.
------>This next bit is for PDFLaTeX -----
use epstopdf to convert eps to pdf.
Voila, now the pagesize should be the same size as the bounding box.

David Vannucci