[texhax] About Latex Install

Yu, Song SYu at som.umaryland.edu
Wed Dec 31 20:54:22 CET 2003

To whom it may concern:

I have no experience on using Latex, but I need it to write papers from now
on.  I looked through several web sites to try to figure out how I can
download LaTex online.  I got very confused.  Could you help me?

1.  Where can I find the correct package to install?

2.  Once I find the package, should I just make a directory under C drive
and put all folders and files into that directory?

3.  Do I need to do anything to configure it?

4.  Where to download WinEdt to best match the version of LaTex that I am
going to install according to your recommendation?

I am looking forward to your response.  Thanks a lot.

Song