[texhax] Convert from Latex to Word

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Fri Dec 26 20:22:35 CET 2003

Peter:

> I have some files which are written in latex which contain text as
> well as equations and graphs. I have downloaded the version tex2word
> v2.0 program you have for a free trial but I was not able to convert
> the equations or graphs please let me know as soon as possible if
> you have a program that will do just that.

http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html#latex.tex.resources

see: Conversion between Formats, RTF, latex2rtf.  This now converts
some simple equations.  Complex ones may have to be converted to gifs
with something like latex2html.

> Also I like to know if there exists a program that will convert pdf
> to word.

The only mechanism I know is to control-A (or command-A) on a page to
highlight the entire page and then cut and paste - page by painful
page.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Experimental and Computational Biology
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)
  http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/