[texhax] Interested in using TeX and joining TUG

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Dec 12 00:45:16 CET 2003

Hello Rajesh,

    The actual problem is due to the presence of /figures /that can
    /span/ multiple columns anywhere where in the page . A typical page
    could contain number of 1 column figures and 1-2 fugures that can
    span multiple columns.

Do the multi-column figures span the entire page, or just some number of
columns?  The single-column figures can presumably be handled with
\begin{figure}, the whole-page figures can presumably be handled with
\begin{figure*}, but I don't see any documentation on how to handle a 2-
or 3-column figure in a 4-column document.  In fact, the way I read the
multicol documentation, such a thing is beyond its basic approach.  (See
the multicol.dvi or multicol.pdf documentation.)

If no one else pipes in, about all I can suggest is to seek a consultant
who can hopefully find a solution for you at reasonable cost.  There's a
list of consultants at http://tug.org/consultants.html; several of them
are in India, as it happens.

Of course TUG (or TUG India I'm sure) would welcome you as a member if
you'd like to join :).

Thanks for considering TeX :).

Best regards,
karl