[texhax] Trouble setting page number fonts

Luca Turchetti luca.turchetti at uniroma1.it
Tue Dec 9 19:59:06 CET 2003

Are you sure you're writing the command correctly?

\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}

It's ok to put it in the preamble. Try again: the error message you get makes me think you're not typing
the whole command.
Anyway remember: that won't change the math fonts!

You may want to have a look at the "LaTeX2e font selection" document: you can download it from CTAN, the
file name should be fntguide.tex or fntguide.dvi, depending on file format available (if you cannot find
it I can look for it somewhere on my hard disk and send it to you off-list). On the first 9 pages of
this document you will find most of the things you need to know about LaTeX2e text font selection
mechanism.

Best regards
Luca Turchetti