[texhax] e-TeX + makor problem

Tim Nowaczyk zimage at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Dec 7 06:37:30 CET 2003

  If there is a better forum for questions concerning the CTAN package
  "makor" and "makor2" please let me know.

I don't know whether the following problem is a e-TeX problem or a makor
problem.  Hebrew vowels are printed incorrectly when the text is part of
a "\def" on my system.

bash-2.05a$ etex
This is e-TeX, Version 3.14159-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5)

Here's the code I've tried.

%% begin %%
\input makor
\hfontdef{hrm}{ezramm}{12pt}
\declarehdefault{hrm}

\def\foo{\[laukhaen\]}

\[laukhaen\]
\foo

\bye
%% end %%

Is there a reason that this shouldn't work?  The same thing happens in
e-LaTeX when used in a "\newcommand".  Do I need to do something
different with my "\def"?

Thanks for your time,
Tim Nowaczyk

--