[texhax] LaTex help?!

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 11:48:06 CET 2003

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=newlang

> On the Linux system I've mounted the w98 hard drive and copied the tex
> files to linux. When Kile displays the text it can't display åäö correctly.
> Is this because I've copied it from w98, should I put it on a CD first? I
> think I use the correct ISO -8859-1.

on the whole, it's best not to assume that anything coming out of a
widnoze machine has the encoding it claims to have.  if you're using
inputenc, set it to the swedish/nordic/whatever code page you actually
use.

> I really would like to get LaTex work on my Linux system but if I just
> could get it working on any of this system it would be great.
>
> One final question. Right now I'm gather my grandfathers memoirs and I
> would try to print it so that he could get it in Christmas gift. He see a
> little bad so I would like to do the font a little bigger is it possible to
> make it to 16pt or something like that.

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=extsizes

on the whole, i commend the whole of http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq

you appear to have appended some spam to your message.  please avoid
this when mailing to public lists.