[texhax] \tableofcontents and section numbering

Jan Eden lists at jan-eden.de
Mon Dec 1 09:40:09 CET 2003

Sorry, misspelled:

\addcontentsline{file}{sec_unit}{entry}

The \addcontentsline command adds an entry to the specified list or table where...
    €   file is the extension of the file on which information is to be written: toc (table of contents), lof (list of figures), or lot (list of tables).
    €   sec_unit controls the formatting of the entry. It should be one of the following, depending upon the value of the file argument:
     1.     toc - the name of the sectional unit, such as part or subsection.
     2.     lof - figure
     3.     lot - table
    €   entry is the text of the entry.

Forgot the "s" in the command and the obligatory arguments.

Best,

Jan

--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.