[texhax] Ky Anh's Chemistry/Latex problem

John Simmie john.simmie at nuigalway.ie
Fri Aug 8 12:42:42 CEST 2003

The best way to import figures including chemical structures
is to fix on the WMF graphic format since it is highly portable
and invariably trouble-free.

You can use the freeware ISIS/Draw from MDL to generate
chemical structures, reactions, etc, save the result as a WMF
file and use it in a LaTeX document.

setwmf.sty defines eg the command \centerwmf{width}{height}{filename}
which then allows you to pull in the graphics file

 >My younger sister is a chemical teacher,
 >and I am try to help her editing the documents
 >in LaTeX. The problem is: it's hard to create
 >the images in LaTeX.

 >Do you know any drawing tools that support
 >    LaTeX-export?
 >or  PS-epxort?
 >Thank you very much!
 >iv.

                 Dr. John M. Simmie
Chemistry Department & Environmental Change Institute
    National University of Ireland, Galway::Ireland