[texhax] LaTeX help

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 16:24:49 CEST 2003

> Thanks for your kind reply. Your remarks (isn't forbidden ...)
> provided the clues I needed.

actually that applied to the issue of \\ in captions ;-)

> I just added a simpler title for
> the sake of List of Figures:
>  \caption[Simpler Title]{The same complicated stuff with array}
> and there isn't a problem any more.

the critical thing being, that "simple title" doesn't have fragile
commands in it.

> It seems to me that this is a better option than using \protect
> etc. as advised in the FAQ.

you may think so; i may think so; but many users insist their entire
essay on the nature of the experimental process (or whatever) *must*
be both in the caption and the list of figures.