automatic document production

Jeff Rankin jrankin at oneil.com
Tue Jan 29 17:35:03 CET 2002

Hi:

We use perl connect to MS SQL Server database, retrieve the required
information through SQL, and output LaTeX using a combination LaTeX
templates for headers, footers, etc., and outputting the body information
through perl. We're currently outputting parts catalogs using this
technique, and it has proven to be reliable and very fast, almost to the
point that parts catalogs can be requested though a web interface on demand.
This technique doesn't do it with "a few commands", I dont' know of any
techniques that will allow this.

HTH

Sincerely,
W. Jeffrey Rankin