unusual reference

Ken Smith kgs at maths.uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 10 10:35:03 CET 2002

Jonathan Myles <mylesj at icrf.icnet.uk> posted to texhax and the
following was forwarded on
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:02:24 +0000 (GMT)

> I sometimes have to refer to a paper which it has become traditional in my
> field to reference as:

> Organising Committee and Collaborators, Falun Meeting. "Breast Cancer
> screening with mammography in women aged 40-49 years". Int J Cancer 1996;
> 68: 693-9

> (obviously with slight variation according to the particular journal).

> I'd like to be able to put this in a BibTex file.  Is there any way
> of putting "Organising .... Meeting" as the Author Field and persuading
> BibTex to leave it as it is?  Or is this, as I fear it might be, a
> style-file-specific issue, if solvable at all?

You can always use additional braces to make BibTeX leave things
alone.

author = {{Organising Committee and Collaborators, Falun Meeting}},
title = {...}
journal = {...}
etc.

will ensure that the author is taken as "Organising Committee ... "
and it will be sorted accordingly.

A fairly detailed description of how to enter unusual items into a
BibTeX database can be found in "The LaTeX Companion", by Goosens,
Mittlebach and Samarin.

> Thanks,

> Jonathan Myles

> Dept of Maths, Stats and Epidemiology,