[texdoc] Weird behavior of `texdoc'

Yudai NAKATA yudai.nkt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:20:53 CET 2017

Dear Karl,

> When I run
> env LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 texdoc bxjalipsum >/tmp/t

I’ve tried the same line and then `cat /tmp/t` returns the desired
characters on my
Mac as well (I don’t understand what these different results suggests, though).

> Have you tried it with other packages,
> just to see?

I tried with zxjatype
(https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/language/japanese/zxjatype),
and got the same result with bxjalipsum.

Regarding your P.S. in the next email, I use up-to-date TeX Live 2016
both on Mac
and on Ubuntu.

Best regards,
Yudai Nakata