[texdoc] problem with texdoc and finding manuals on Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Aug 6 09:41:10 CEST 2012

Hi Manuel,

On Mo, 06 Aug 2012, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Here is the problem, in texdoc.cnf:
> zipext_list = gz bz2 xz
> should be:
> zipext_list = gz, bz2, xz

Arggg, indeed. Sorry my fault I guess.

Unfortunately, then we fall into the pain of the disappearing
file, (tmp file disappears). I have set the viewer to
	(xdg-open %s) &
But this is what is recommended in the documentation.

Do you have an idea about that, too?

> The above change should fix the probem (at least it does for me). Please let me
> now if any problem remains.

See above ... texdoc -l lists it, but texdoc in view mode breaks.

Best wishes

Norbert