[texdoc] [tex-live] catalogue metadata usage in texdoc (was: texdoc index)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 31 11:17:30 CET 2011

Philipp Stephani <p.stephani2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> +TeXdoc list

so should we not be corresponding on that list only?

> 2011/12/31 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
> > On 2011-12-30 at 22:35:29 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> >
> > …if Manuel decides to support locales.
> > I can't do much before I know _how_ they are implemented.
>
> Locales have been supported for months. Try
> LC_ALL=de_DE texdoc koma
> vs.
> LC_ALL=en_US texdoc koma
>
> @Manuel: I noticed that locale support has stopped working for
> caption, etoolbox, and biblatex. What has happened?

observation: in the catalogue, only caption has multiple copies of its
docs.  the other two _do_ have documentation, but in separate
"translation" packages.

i can change that situation (and have done, for biblatex).  however, i
need to have approval from (the rest of) the ctan team for general
implementation.  (_i_ think it's probably ok, but i'm only one person.)

_every_ documentation link in the catalogue has a language tag (using
2-letter iso codes); in the case of english documentation only, the tag
is implicit.

robin

(off to sign up to the texdoc list...)