[texdoc] [tex-live] catalogue metadata usage in texdoc

Philipp Stephani p.stephani2 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 31 11:21:10 CET 2011

2011/12/31 Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:

> Philipp Stephani wrote:
>
>> Locales have been supported for months. Try
>> LC_ALL=de_DE texdoc koma
>> vs.
>> LC_ALL=en_US texdoc koma
>

> I don't have a TeX Live 2011 on which to try it, but that
> doesn't /look/ portable.  Tried under TL 2010, it says :

Yes, this command assumes a Unix-like system and Bash, which Reinhard uses.
It should work on Windows as well (since setlocale is a standard C
function and is mapped to SetThreadLocale etc. on Windows), but I
think Windows uses different language names (e.g. "English" instead of
"en"), and I don't know an easy way to switch locales from the command
line (it should suffice to call SetThreadLocale on the main console
thread, but how?).