[texdoc] Localized package manuals

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 3 17:05:59 CEST 2011

Am 03.04.2011 um 15:17 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> Le 31/03/2011 21:32, Philipp Stephani a écrit :
>> there are numerous packages whose manual is available in English as well as
>> in other languages. Would it be possible to select the most appropriate
>> version based on the current locale?
>>
> I've been thinking about it for some time, but it doesn't seem completely
> trivial to me. Unfortunately, I'm not really active with texdoc now. Do you mind
> discussing the subject again later?

Of course not. It just came up because during the last weeks lots of German translations have been submitted to CTAN.

> Alternatively, you can obviously propose patches for this if you feel like doing
> so.

I'll see what I can do. I think it should be possible if texdoc did the equivalent of "texdoc X-Y" before "texdoc X", where X is the package and Y the labguage, or if the scoring system could be exploited ("adjscore(X) X-Y = +20 if Y matches the current language").