[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Mar 10 06:18:06 CET 2010

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> when I run
>
>   texdoc vntex
>
> I get the file vntex-man.pdf instead of vntex.pdf.
>
> This is quite unfortunate.  I wrote vntex.pdf from scratch (derived
> from a README file) solely in order to make texdoc happy.
>
> vntex.pdf is the only file texdoc should find, it contains hyperlinks
> to all the other vntex-related files.

The behaviour you describe is new in texdoc 0.7, which is the first version
using information from the catalogue in order to adapt scoring. The point is
that vntex-man.pdf has a comment "Package manual" in the catalogue, while
vntex.pdf doesn't have any comment. This makes texdoc think vntex-man is more
important.

I'll add an alias vntex = vntex to fix this.

You may want to ask the catalogue maintainers to adjust the documentation
details for vntex, since vntex.pdf isn't listed in the documentation field of
[1]. (Again, this is the primary reason why texdoc doesn't give it as the first
result.)

Manuel.

[1] http://ctan.org/pkg/vntex