[texdoc] Stubborn doc files in local texmf

Juan Acevedo juan.acevedo.juan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:29:41 CET 2010

Dear all

I am using Mac OSX 10.6 and texdoc is refusing to acknowledge the fact that I have deleted some files from my local texmf tree. It keeps listing them even after I have rehashed (mktexlsr) several times and also restarted my computer! Of course when it tries to open them, I get "The file so-and-so does not exist".

Any hints?

By the way, I did not seem to find any indication in texdoc's manual (v0.62) about how to regenerate the database searched by texdoc, and I think this would be a nice addition to the otherwise helpful manual.

Big thanks,
Juan