[texdoc] [tex-live] texdoc update

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Nov 25 06:59:37 CET 2009

On Mi, 25 Nov 2009, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> I reimplemented part of it :-/ I have two excuses:
> - for now I just wanted to play with it, this is temporary
> - your Lua module isn't up to date :-) (It fails with current tlpdb.)

Upps, sorry. Well good that you remade it. Hopefully in some reuseable
way that someone can just load a library and gets access.

> Now I am going to test things more seriously. I'd like to keep texdoc as
> fast as possible. I did a few timing tests with my code, and the largest
> part of the time is spend reading the file, not parsing it...

That is what I experienced my self. The File IO was the limiting factor.

> I thought I fixed that in v 0.50 (uploaded to TL last week). Please
> complain again if it doesn't work with this version!

Ah I didn't realize that. I was using the version from TL2009-DVD.
(Debian bug report!)

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining at jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining at logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining at debian.org