[texdoc] texdoc + AR9 on win32

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Sep 11 14:06:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

I commited yesterday a change to the wrapper for texdoc on win32, that
is supposed to work around the problem. Unfortunately, I realised only
today that a left debugging code uncommented at commit time :-( So
today's texdoc update should be bogous and tomorrow it should be ok again.

For those of you who want to test the thing right now (which would be
appreciated), you can just unzip the following in bin/win32:

http://tug.org/texdoc/fix-texdoc-w32-ar9.zip

It works on my installation, so I hope it will for for you too.

This doesn't mean that we have understood the problem, so investigation
and relevant information about the problem is still welcome. For the
record, the minimal example is:

% wrapper.tlu
kpse.set_program_name('texlua')
os.spawn('texlua c:/tmp/program/tlu')

% program.tlu
os.execute('start c:\\tmp\\file.pdf')

(so, two files, total 3 lines of code). Assume the two files are in
c:\tmp, file.pdf exists, an AR9 is used by start to open the pdf files.
Then cd to c:\tmp and type "texlua wrapper.tlu", AR9 starts and crashes.
(Well, AR8.1 and AA9 too...)

Manuel.