[tex4ht] [bug #617] The fancyvrb LaTeX package produces blank lines with the `\VerbatimInput` command

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Wed Jan 10 15:32:10 CET 2024

Follow-up Comment #14, bug #617 (project tex4ht):

Something needs to be wrong on my side. I've noticed, that even the hybrid
option doesn't work with the markdown environment. Both with make4ht and
LuaLaTeX. But, if I use the \markdownSetup command to make these options
global, they work.

So the following example works, but not if I remove the \markdownSetup
command:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage{booktabs}
% Load the Markdown package and set its options.
\usepackage[
]{markdown}
\markdownSetup{
  hybrid,html
}
\begin{document}

\begin{markdown}[hybrid]
  hello \TeX, what's goind on?
\end{markdown}

\begin{markdown}[html,hybrid]
Here is some <b>HTML code</b> mixed *with Markdown*. In \TeX, the HTML code
will be silently ignored, whereas in \TeX 4ht, the HTML code will be passed
through to the output:

\end{markdown}
\end{document}