[tex4ht] [bug #618] Incomplete XML Document, domfilter error, truncated build on large file.

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Fri Dec 15 13:21:11 CET 2023

On 12/14/23 20:32, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

[...]

> The above build.sh assumes you are using TL 2023, if not please change
> the path shown.

Yes, I have TL 2023.

> After you start ./build.sh it will take about 12-16 hrs or so depending
> on the speed and memory of your PC.

This is the biggest problem. In the first place, the single source TeX
file with huge size (145MB) makes it an unmanageable beast. Need to
waste another 12 to 18h of machine time even if we could pinpoint the
error causing line.

Hence, I split the source into several files of each with 100,000 lines.
Located that the table in line number 382889 (original source) had
broken the html generation which I found its place in the fourth segment
of split files (file-4.tex).

When I ran this by inputting to the introductory chapter to replicate
the problem, it went well to my surprise. Of course, it is not usable as
the cross references would be wrong.

I had encountered two problems.

  * Found two packages missing (i) myspace.sty and (ii) maple.sty. Would
    you kindly send these as well?
  * \usepackage[]{marginnote} has been loaded without the option 'quiet'
    that caused unwanted verbose aux writing about the xpos of the
    margin notes which should have been handled in a different way in
    html mode (with css directive like float) so that TeX will not spend
    too much time on the computation of the exact location of the margin
    note in the dvi. That indeed sped up my part compilation.

The document in whole is running in another system, will get back with
the results soon.

Regards
--
Radhakrishnan