[tex4ht] sh: 1: rungs: not found

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Fri Oct 13 00:58:51 CEST 2023

On 2023-10-04 at 17:36:34 +0200, Krister Swenson wrote:

 > Thanks...
 >  I've reported the bug at
 > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-base/+bug/2038452

Hi Krister,
thank you for reporting the bug.  This was the best thing you could
do.  But I'm amazed that after a week your report has not been
assigned to the responsible maintainer.

I suppose that you need a solution as soon as possible to be able to
use tex4ht again.

What you can do for the time being is to install the file

  http://ms25.ddns.net/texlive/rungs

in /usr/local/bin and make it executable:

  chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/rungs

I recommend that you remove it whenever the bug is fixed in Ubuntu
because it's never a good idea to have two programs with the same name
in the search path.

BTW, the absence of rungs does not affect only tex4ht.  A lot of other
programs depend on it.  Even programs which are are not part of the
TeX Live distribution rely on its presence.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de