[tex4ht] [bug #611] Random SIGSEGV of tex4ht due to invalid memory accesses

Oliver Freyermuth puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Fri Oct 13 00:42:33 CEST 2023

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #611 (project tex4ht):

Hi Karl,

many thanks! That does indeed look very reasonable (and straightforward) as a
fix. Testing it locally expectedly also removes the invalid read on my machine
:-).

Thanks to you for taking care of this (very valuable) tool and of the report
so quickly!

Since the main place in which I have hit the "Illegal storage address" issue
is in a CI/CD environment which uses monthly texlive snapshots (via
containers), I'll then automatically get the fix in there with the next
monthly snapshot once it is in texlive.

Thanks a lot, and keeping my fingers crossed hoping the fix for the
uninitialized values is also not too much effort,