[tex4ht] how to make tex4ht generate an error on same input which makes latex generate error on?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:25:11 CEST 2023

Hi Nasser,

> make4ht  -ulm default -a warning index.tex "mathjax,htm"
>
> No error. Even when using -a debug, no error. Also
> if I remove mathjax, it still does not give an error.
> so nothing to do with mathjax mode.
>
> Is there an option I am overlooking in using make4ht
> to make it stop on such errors?

There is no universal option to produce the same errors with TeX4ht,
as it would require no changes to the LaTeX code. We use these changes
to insert HTML tags, so without them, the conversion wouldn't work.

In this particular case, you can use the no_ and no^ options. They
disable TeX4ht redefinitions of _ and ^ characters. This causes
problems with math in TeX4ht, but as you use MathJax, it shouldn't
matter for you. So try this:

$ make4ht  -ulm default -a warning index.tex "mathjax,htm,no_,no^"