[tex4ht] missing sections and missing last chapter from large build. tex4ht hard limits on number of chapters and sections allowed?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue May 17 16:38:59 CEST 2022

On 5/17/2022 7:01 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>

>> And just started new build with max iteration set at 6 in the make4ht build file.
>>
>> This will take about 1-2 days to complete.
>>
>> Will update you once it is done. Hopefully this will fix all these problems
>> I was having and now all chapters and sections will show up.
>
> Did it work in the end?
>
> Best,
> Michal

Hello Michal;

I am afraid it did not.  But there was no errors.  I did
get complete table of contents this time, but clicking on the last
sections in the TOC gave errors saying link not found. Like before
the increasing of \gHAdvance\fstf:id

But since then, I am no longer now building the whole book as one
large document. As I mentioned, now I am building the book by
splitting each chapter into separate document.

This reduces the size of each build. Then adding links manually
to each chapter using raw HTML code.

I was never sure why these link not found error show up. It could be
I needed more iterations to finish the build? I had it set up at 7
which I thought was enough.

Either way, I think increasing the \gHAdvance\fstf:id is good to
do and was safe  even though I did not fix my problem on the
large document.

I think there is still a problem why tex4ht can't build very large
document like this and end up not completing all the links and giving
missing links. But I gave up trying to find why so ended up physically
splitting the document.

Regards,