[tex4ht] question on make4ht config.lua

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:57:23 CEST 2022

Hi Nasser,

> Small question on make4ht config.lua
>
> I have it in ~/.config/make4ht/config.lua  and I see an INFO saying
> it found it. Then later on I see another INFO message saying cannot open
> config file config.lua
>
> Is the second message due to trying to open a diffeent config.lua? Why does it
> say cannot open it otherwise?

You require a build file using the `-c build.lua` option.Your
configuration file /home/me/.config/make4ht/config.lua is loaded
correctly:

> [INFO]    make4ht: Using configuration file: /home/me/.config/make4ht/config.lua
> [INFO]    mkutils: Using build file     /home/me/.config/make4ht/config.lua

but then make4ht tries to open a second config file build.lua, that
you required by the `-c` option,  and it seems that make4ht cannot
find it:

> [INFO]    mkutils: Cannot open config file      config.lua     <-----???

You don't need the `-c` option to load
/home/me/.config/make4ht/config.lua, as it is loaded automatically.