[tex4ht] [bug #556] Compatibility with threeparttable.sty (with patch)

Florent Rougon puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Mon Mar 7 00:41:19 CET 2022

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Dear TeX4ht maintainer,

This may seem rather irrelevant these days... let's just make sure this
doesn't get lost.

I found that the threeparttable environment from threeparttable.sty causes
problems with TeX4ht:

[WARNING] domfilter: DOM parsing of document.html failed:
[WARNING] domfilter:
...ive/2021/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaxml/luaxml-mod-xml.lua:175: Unbalanced
Tag (/div) [char=713]

After some investigation, I found a fix which appears to work fine—at least
for for my use. There may well be a better way, as I'm not very comfortable
with the TeX4ht internals (latex.4ht, automatic insertion of <p> and </p> for
environments, etc.).

I'm attaching a .tex file with my fix; I compile it with 'make4ht
document.tex'. If you comment out the remainder of the preamble after the
\usepackage{threeparttable} call, you should see the above error messages when
compiling.

Tested with tex4ht.sty version 2021-09-14-14:11 from the TeX Live distro.

Thanks & regards

P.S.: this is used in the FlightGear manual; I put the fix in
https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/getstart/ci/next/tree/source/threeparttable.4ht
(I hope this is a good way before a fix is in TeX4ht itself and/or
threeparttable.sty).

File Attachments:

Date: Sun Mar  6 23:41:19 2022  Name: document.tex  Size: 677B   By: frougon

<http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/download.php?file_id=508>