[tex4ht] [bug #547] problem with citations

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Fri Feb 4 16:58:05 CET 2022

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #547 (project tex4ht):

I think that this issue is caused by Xtpipes, which is quite an esoteric
post-processing tool used by TeX4ht in the ODT output. In the original XML,
there are correct links to the bibliography, but Xtpipes removes them.

You can remove the markup that causes Xtipes post-processing using the
following configuration file

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\Preamble{xhtml}

\Configure{cite}
   {}
   {}
   {\Link}         {\EndLink}
\begin{document}
\EndPreamble

It will leave just links and text in your document, so it will be not marked
as a citation in the ODT format.

We didn't fix anything in Xtpipes for ages, so I am not sure why it worked in
the past. I will do more tests and then post the fix to TeX4ht sources.