[tex4ht] question about missing table vertical lines in HTML after 118 subsections have been processed.

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 22:54:24 CET 2022

> I think you are right here. I googled this and it says
>
> "Firefox is not based on Chromium (the open source
> browser project at the core of Google Chrome). In
> fact, we're one of the last major browsers that isn't.
> Firefox runs on our Quantum browser engine built specifically for Firefox"
>
> So this explains the difference between what Firefox shows (correct)
> and Brave, Edge and Chrome (missing vertical lines after some subsections).

Yes, I think so, as they all use the same browser engine.

> Yes, I noticed this duplication also when I was looking at the .css,
> Actually some had more duplication than others, and I did not know why.
>
> For example this is duplicated 4 times

> But this one earlier in the .css file, is duplicated 6 times !

They are duplicated for every vertical line. What is wrong is that
they are same. They all use a different ID, to address each particular
vertical line in tables.

> This is why the .css is so large. May be this also affects performance
> og loading the pages as I noticed they are slow to come up at first.

Yes, it most likely affects the performance. This is the downside of
the fact that you have such large files. Maybe I could make a make4ht
filter that tries to make the CSS file smaller, but it won't be easy.

> Thank you for the fix. I will test the above later tonight, The HTML build
> takes about 10 hrs to finish (pdf about 1 hr) so I will see the result
> sometime tomorrow.

I hope it will.